Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Lancome Colour Design 'Ooh La la!' Metalic swatch

Hey there, long time no post.

My apologies. I'd like to make the excuse that I have school and it's taking a lot of my time; but considering I'm writing this instead of doing my school work... you can easily conclude that I procrastinate a lot. And I mean a lot.

Anyway, onto my post!

I have had this lipstick for a while now. But since I got this in a gift bag during a time I wasn't yet confident enough to wear any other lipstick colours aside from nude, this has been collecting dust.
Granted, I haven't worn it too much, I still quite like it.

Lancome's 'Oh la la' shade came in a gift bag as I mentioned above. I wasn't too keen on it, since it's metallic, but after trying it on again, I found it's great for the fall!

It looks quite dark, sort of a dark maroon, but it isn't so much once applied on the lips.


Taken from Lancome website
If your lips long for full, fade-free color in tempting textures, and a shade selection that would inspire any makeup artist; the search is over. This luxurious lipstick is infused with soothing ingredients, so lips feel soft and comforted all day. 

Oddly enough, when I lightly apply it on my lips, it becomes a lot brighter. 
The metallic can definitely be a little intimidating to wear, but paired with the right top, it looks quite nice. 

Onto the review:

Pros:
- Great consistency, goes on smooth
- Does not feel heavy
- Great colour, very opaque

Cons:
- Need to apply primer/lip balm before
- Will definitely show off dry lips
- Has typical lancome lipstick scent. Can be a hit/miss for some people
Rating: 7/10

I really like this lipstick, and I'm glad I got this in the gift bag. It's not a shade I would usually reach for to try, but I think I'm more willing to try different colours aside from nudes. 

Lancome's Color Designs are listed as $27CAD at The Bay

Have you tried this line from Lancome before? Thoughts? Which lipsticks do you have from the brand?

2 comments :

  1. i really like the color of the lipstick. it's almost perfect for Halloween. it has the "dark blood" feel. Lacome is a brand tat is new to me. the only product i am using from them is my BB cream and was given as a gift.
    i guess it seems like a good one after all. if it's not too expensive, i may start use this brand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I actually wore it for Halloween one year!
      Yeah, Lancome was the first luxurious brand I purchased, and so far not too many complaints. Their lipsticks are good, but a lot of their other products are rather expensive. I would say definitely try one of their lipsticks

      Delete