Sunday, April 17, 2016

Nudestix - 3 Piece Mini Set: Swatches

Hey everyone!

I'm sure a lot of people were aware of the annual VIB Sephora Sale. I made a small order which I ended up posting on my instagram.

I was going to write a haul post of the items I ordered from Sephora, but since my order was small, I figured I'd skip that and do a swatch of the Nudestix set instead.

The Nudestix set comes with 3 lip pencils that can be used for the lips and cheek.


Taken from Sephora:
A limited-edition lip and cheek set with three coveted lip pencils: the Lip + Cheek Pencil, Intense Matte Lip + Cheek Pencil, and Gel Colour Lip + Cheek Balm in three neutral shades. These three double-duty lip pencils provide three different lip textures and lip looks that you can take anywhere.
I have to say, I've fallen IN LOVE with the formulas after first application. I love them so much, I'm tempted to buy a 2nd set as backup.

The shades included in this set are:
  • Belle (matte plum nude)
  • Pulse (gel plum nude)
  • Mystic (cream plum nude)
Aside from the 3 lip pencils, the set also includes a pencil sharpener, and the case includes a mirror.


These are slightly smaller than the NARS birthday gifts, but as you can see, the lip product is thicker than NARS. I know a lot of people were upset because they thought that little nub at the top was it, but the pencils can be sharpened. Which is also one of the reasons I bought this set; I can use the sharpener for the NARS pencils too! SMORT! (Brooklyn nine-nine reference)

Left to right: Pulse, Mystic, Belle
The Lip + Cheek Pencil is an all-in-one, super-creamy, soft Infused with moisturizing shea butter and vitamin E and peptides to create a youthful plump look, these sassy touch 'n'go makeup sticks are perfect wearing from day to night.

Even though the Mystic is darker than Pulse, on my lips it just looks like I'm wearing gloss. I was expecting this to be creamier, since this is supposed to be a cream lip pencil. This one is definitely one I'll keep in my bag and don't have to worry about having to apply with a mirror. 

Intense Matte Lip + Cheek Pencil's all-in-one pencil is a soft, non-drying matte lipstick, lip liner and cheek blush. Its ultra-long wearing formula is waterproof, smudge-proof, and non-feathering. It delivers an intense pigment load and colour for maximum, smooth coverage.

This is probably the closest to Kylie Jenner lips I'll ever get. It's a really nice pinky nude. I actually prefer this matte formula compared to NARS. NARS is just a tad bit on the dryer side and when I applied the product on, it would tug on my lips a bit. This one on the other hand applies so nicely and my lips don't look dried out. I'm not usually into matte, but I really like this.

Pulse (gel plum nude)
The innovative, Gel Colour Lip + Cheek Balm creates gorgeous, lasting shine with great colour payoff and a sheen that isn't glossy or sticky. Enriched with plant-based moisturizers, it keeps lips soft, protected, and cushiony.

This one is my favourite of the 3. Makes my lips look so plump! It's slightly more pink than my actual lip colour, but still looks great. Pulse is way more creamy compared to Mystic, which I was surprised, since Pulse is supposed to be the cream pencil. The swatches on my hand, Pulse and Mystic look very similar.

Now, the question is, how are they for the cheeks? Honestly, I would not use them for cheeks unless you're desperate. The gel and cream do not blend out very well. It doesn't feel sticky once you blend the product out, but the colour payoff is almost nothing. You would have to put on a lot in order for the colour to show up. The matte was the only one where I didn't have to apply on as much for the product to show once blended.

That being said, I have no intentions of using these for my cheeks. Granted they're advertised as both a lip and cheek product, they're ultimately better on the lips.

Overall thoughts

I love all the shades and the formulas. While editing these photos I kept thinking to myself, "Maybe I should get another set as a back up". These are that good people. Price wise they're so worth the money as well. For $28CAD the set comes with 3 lip pencils, each 0.088oz.
Between the Intense Matte pencils, the blur pencils, they vary between 0.05oz to 0.10oz. For this set, you're practically getting 3 full sized pencils for the price of one.
This set is sold exclusively at Sephora. You should definitely pick one up before they sell out! I can't go on enough about how much I'm in love with these pencils!

Have you tried Nudestix before? Which colour are you most interested in trying out?

4 comments :

  1. The shade belle is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I love all the colours. One of the best sets I've ever purchased.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for this post and giving such a detailed review! Before reading it, I wouldn't have guessed that the gel would be the most creamy one but, go figure. We have similar complexions so it was helpful to see it on you (but I think these are universal enough to look good on a variety of skin tones). Thanks, will be purchasing Pulse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I hope you end up enjoying the lip pencil as much as I do. Definitely one of the best lip purchases I've made in a while.

      Delete